Wednesday 20 February 2008

The "Capo"

If you want to play in a higher key, then you will need to acquire whats called a capo. This is just a clamp really with a rubber bit that rests on the strings and it normally stays clamped on using a spring. Jim dunlop is a very good make and is probably the best quality and you can pick one up for between £10-£20 which you may think is a bit much bit i find it is a lot better than the ones that wrap around the neck. There are many songs that require a capo and sometimes different tuning and the guitar capo can give your guitar a new fresh sound and it really changes the sound of some songs and can make them sound even better. So if your starting out learning guitar then you should acquire one of these.

No comments: